In Forums, the View Count Goes Up Every Time I Visit My Post

edited July 5 in Questions 0 LikesVote Down
In Forums, the View Count Goes Up Every Time >> I << Visit My Post.

It seems that every time I visit my posts in the forums, the view count goes up. For instance, I posted a question about changing all my prices and postage and there's a view count of 6. I know there's an answer count as well, but this is weird.

Well, now, nobody else has visited that post - just me. I find that a little strange. There must be a way to limit the view count when the author of the post looks at it instead of increasing the number of views.

Is there some reason this is happening? Bump up the views so others think it's a high level post or something? I mean, we all have our HipCard IDs somewhere and when we visit the same post we wrote, stop the visit counter. If I answer the post, yes, bump it up once but not every time I just look at the post. It doesn't make any sense.

Other auction sites I frequent do not count them more than once, especially when looking at auctions. If this pertained to auctions, it would appear that many people visited the auction instead of the correct number of people. That would inflate an incorrect count and maybe give other a false impression about the auction. I'm looking for honesty here, not inflated numbers.

Can this be fixed? It's annoying, but probably not a pressing issue in HipCard tasks. Just asking, is all...

Adirondack-PC

Comments